When researching “ready mix near me,” it is important to make sure that the supplier you choose can provide the right concrete grade for your project. The grade of ready mix Weatherford concrete is the minimum strength that it must possess. As such, utilizing the right grade of concrete will contribute to your project’s success.
This specific measurement is determined by what the ready mix Oklahoma concrete’s strength should be 28 days after construction when there is proper quality control. As the subject of grading can become complicated, it is essential to work with an experienced supplier.
The Grades of Ready Mix Weatherford Concrete
Concrete grades are listed as “M” with a number following, such as “M-25” or “M-60.” In this, “M” stands for “mix,” with the following number representing its compressive strength. The material’s compressive strength is measured in Newtons per millimeter squared, which is represented as “N/mm2.” For example, ready mix concrete with a grade of M-20 has a compressive strength of 20 N/mm2.
As concrete is graded based on its compressive strength, there are many types of ready mix concrete. The fifteen grades are split into three groups:
- Ordinary concrete: M-10, M-15, and M-20.
- Standard concrete: M-25, M-30, M-35, M-40, M-45, M-50, and M-55.
- High-strength concrete: M-60, M-65, M-70, M-75, and M-80.
Selecting the Right Ready Mix Oklahoma Grade
Whether you need concrete for a small residential project, to renovate a commercial building, or to build an industrial structure, using the right grade is essential. When determining what mix you need, an experienced ready mix Weatherford concrete supplier will consider the specific project and its structure design requirement. For example:
- For projects like leveling courses and beddings for footings, grades of M-5 to M-15 are effective choices.
- An M-20 grade is effective for projects using reinforced cement concrete, such as columns, beams, and slabs.
- For larger reinforced cement concrete projects, like foundations and footings, M-25 to M-35 is recommended.
- A grade of M-40 is preferred for slabs, beams, columns, and other projects that utilize pre-stressed concrete.
- For significant projects like runways, roads, and pre-stressed beams, grades of M-45 to M-50 are preferred.
- A concrete grade of M-55 is effective for large projects like pre-stressed piers and concrete girders.
- Long-span bridges, high-rise buildings, and other projects that need high compressive strength utilize concrete between M-60 and M-80.
Looking for Ready Mix Near Me?
When selecting your ready mix concrete supplier, there are some things to keep in mind. In addition to working with someone who can determine the right grade for the job, they must also be able to create the right balance of cement, water, and aggregates. Additionally, your supplier must be able to deliver your building material when and where you need it.
As a ready mix Oklahoma concrete supplier, Whitco Concrete is ready to customize the ideal material for your project. Whether your project is large or small, we will provide the concrete and customer service needed to make it a success. Get in touch to begin.